Friday, July 8, 2011

Summer Nights :)

Ahh. Summer nights. I can't think of a happier time in my childhood...or in my present. I just finished playing Capture the Flag with dear friends and family. Although nearly getting my shoulder wrenched out as I tackled one player, and getting a footcramp from running in flip-flops, I had the time of my life. The silvery moon shone down on us like a prop from Shakespeare's "Midsummer's Night Dream". The wind was blowing quietly as we ran from hiding place to hiding place, dodging other players and hunting for the flag. I treasure days - or rather nights - like this more than any other days. It is these days that pave the path of Childhood Memories. It is experiences like these that I remember when it's cold and rainy and I'm sick of schoolwork. Summer nights. I will treasure them always.

No comments:

Post a Comment