Sunday, July 31, 2011

Camping!

Just got back from a surprise camping trip with my family! It was extremely fun...we went up to Cherry Lake, which has amazing swimming holes, hiking trails, and bike paths. It's actually my favourite place to bike...with pretty good pavement, wonderfully challenging hills, and fantastic downhill rides. Unfortunately, I couldn't enjoy much of it, as the first day there I had a mountain biking accident and injured my left wrist. (most of this post is being typed one-handed...an interesting maneuver!) Since the ER is so busy on weekends, we are going tomorrow to have it X-rayed...so I don't know if it's actually fractured or just badly sprained. It's painful and swollen enough to be both, if you ask me. Oh, well. At least I can say that I injured it mountain biking and not doing something mundane, like falling down the stairs. ;) I will say this, however: I am never going to underestimate the wonder of our opposable thumbs! The simplest jobs are made ten times harder by the lack of one...it did give me some quality writing time though...there's nothing like writing up in the mountains surrounded by pine trees and brooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment