Saturday, February 18, 2012

Quotes

So I've been running into quotes everywhere I go it seems...on Facebook, on random sites, and in different books. And everytime I find a good one, I think "Ooh, I should post this on my blog!" and then never get around to it. So here are a quite a few different quotes, which have accumulated over the course of....well, quite some time.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill.

"You have to be willing to write badly." - Alyson Hagy

"Cleverness is not wisdom." Euripides

"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It is a way of understanding it." - Lloyd Alexander

"There is more honour in a field well-plowed than in a field steeped in blood." - Lloyd Alexander

"Quiet people have the loudest minds." Stephen Hawking

"A girl can't read that sort of thing without her lipstick." - Breakfast at Tiffany's

"If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud." - Emile Zola

"It is the deepest desire of every writer, the one we never admit or even dare to speak of: to write a book we can leave as a legacy. And although it is sometimes easy to forget, wanting to be a writer is not about reviews or advances or how many copies are printed or sold. It is much simpler than that, and much more passionate. If you do it right, and they publish it, you may actually leave something behind that will last forever." -Alice Hoffman

And, I've saved my very favourite for the last:

"Sometimes winning a fight isn't as important as standing in the right place, facing what needs to be faced. And sometimes standing in the right place means you end up dead. And that's better than not standing at all." - N.D. Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment