Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bee Adventure :)

Today, my dad and I drove far up in the foothills to capture some bees. It was a beautiful drive, surrounded by orchards and vineyards and rolling hills...hardly any houses at all. When we finally arrived there, we found that the bees had made their hive inside a small stove in an old tin shack. The shack was something straight out of a Western...complete with a half-empty Jack Daniel's whiskey bottle on a rickety shelf, and a crooked mirror hung over a rusty sink. It inspired a short story...maybe I'll actually write this one! :)
It must have been 95 degrees out...and bee suits makes it feel like 950 degrees..but we survived, and have a small hive to show for it. On the way back, my dad and I slipped in Mumford & Sons, cranked up the volume, and rolled down the windows. Awake, my soul. Awake, my soul. For you were made to meet your Maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment