Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Conformation of my Insanity

Ok, if you aren't convinced I'm insane yet, this post will convince you. Once you hear what I'm doing, you will either shake your head and think I'm crazy, or think I'm a masochist, or both.
I've participating in NaNoWriMo.
*gasp*
For those of you who don't know what that is, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. It's a rather large organization for writers of all ages, and it's a challenge. A challenge to write a 50,000 word novel (or more) in 30 days. It starts at 12:00 A.M. November 1st, and ends at 11:59 P.M. November 30th.
This is going to be insanity. Fitting in writing nearly 2000 words a day around 9 classes plus family time? But it's going to be so much fun. :) I am looking forward to it, and hope I'll make it to 50,000 words in 30 days. It's going to be a challenge, but it'll be useful in getting my butt in gear. I've been very lax in my writing lately, what with school and all. Now, if I'm posting about it both on the NaNoWriMo page and here on my blog, I have pressure to keep going. I'll be more likely to make it to the end. And if I make it, I'll be so happy :) So I'm going to keep you all updated on my novel status now, and if you've participated in NaNoWriMo before, or you are participating, please tell me! I'd love to be your writing buddy on NaNo, and I would love to hear tips on keeping that word count up! :P

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! Go Rachel!! I'm never able to do it, but I'm always excited to know who is doing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah! Can I read it when you're done?

    Anna's doing NaNoWriMo too, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Katie - thanks! I'll need all the encouragement I can get, what with typing approx. 2000 words a day.

    @ Jess - of course you can! :) And Anna's doing it too?!?! Awesome! Do you know what her user name is?

    ReplyDelete